Kinvolved is the leading services and software organization galvanizing students, parents, teachers, leaders, and community members around a shared goal: To increase student achievement by eradicating chronic absenteeism.
We take a holistic approach to fighting chronic absenteeism, combining technology tools and human interventions to change the deeply ingrained behaviors and external factors affecting student attendance. By joining our team, you will improve the lives of our stakeholders nationwide.
About the role
As a senior member of our team, you will be critical in leading strategy for developing software which impacts thousands of teachers, students, and parents. We will collaborate on roadmapping, designing, and architecture. You will be responsible for managing the development team and delivering against our roadmap. You will also be expected to code with the team. The current engineering team is a small outsourced group of exceptional engineers. We run agile but we are not fanatical about it. Our application is in Angular, uses Rails as an API, on PostgreSQL, and we’d like you to be familiar with these.
You will report into Kinvolved’s Chief Product Officer. As our team grows your leadership and experience will be essential in ensuring that we maintain a healthy technology solution as well as a strong engineering team and culture.
We would like you to
- Collaborate with our executive team in executing against the vision and mission of Kinvolved.
- Serve as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the efforts of our current offshore development team; eventually building a local team.
- Drive the architecture and development of systems to handle rapid growth and scaling including managing and informing cost and business level tradeoffs.
- Balance the constant tension of feature development vs operations and implementation.
- Get your hands dirty. Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in our stack.
- Proven experience leading engineering and product teams for 5-8+ years.
- Experience collaborating with offshore engineering teams.
- Proven track record of close collaboration with product and business leads to form strategy, roadmaps, and features.
- Experience informing and managing a technology budget, including providing timely projection and expenditure reports.
- Proven experience building scalable data applications and reliable interactive and messaging applications.
- Experience with security and hosting using Amazon Web Services.
- Thrives working in a detail-oriented environment and managing client-specific requirements
- Engages effectively with both building technology and eventually building and managing an internal engineering and product team.
- Bonus points: Experience working in education technology.
- Competitive salary and equity options; health insurance, paid time off, and other benefits
- Flexible working structure (continued remote work, after the subsidence of COVID-19, is an option).
- Ability to scale up internally and serve in a leadership position.
- Fun, energetic, and supportive team.
To apply: Please apply on LinkedIn using this link.
About the role:
This full-time role reports to the Chief Executive Officer. If you have experience in developing relationships, owning and closing large, strategic urban district accounts, building and managing a sales and marketing team, and helping a mission-driven company better serve students and families in public schools, this job is for you.
As an integral member of our team, you’ll work closely with our leadership to develop and execute on a national sales strategy that puts Kinvolved’s software and services into school districts across the country. This role builds upon Kinvolved’s successes in closing enterprise sales in school districts across 16 states, including business with the NYC DOE, LAUSD, and Miami-Dade County.
- With CEO, establish a national strategy for achieving company revenue goals, focusing on new business development growth
- Contribute to sales targets by personally owning and closing large, six- and seven-figure, multi-year strategic district accounts
- Recruit, coach, and manage a modest, but growing national sales and marketing team
- Oversee sales reporting and accountability
- Be the face of the company at national events, presentations, and district meetings
- Support sales team members at key events and meetings, as needed
Required experience and abilities:
- Minimum seven years of sales experience, including at least five years in sales management
- History carrying a quota in K–12 district sales of at least $1M in annual license revenue
- Track record of closing large, urban district deals, requiring cross-departmental buy-in
- Experience building a sales team
- Experience overseeing and/or supporting marketing staff
- Ability to travel 50%+ of work time (pending resuming travel post-pandemic)
- Metrics-driven mindset and CRM knowledge and comfortability
- Experience in start-ups a plus
- Strong relationship development skills
- Excellent in-person and written communication skills
- Managerial acumen with a focus on coaching others to achieve success
- Comfortable maintaining accountability in a results-driven environment
- Organized, disciplined, and goal-oriented
- Self-directed and motivated
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Health, dental, vision insurance, 401K, significant PTO, and other benefits
- A generous commission plan with bonuses based on overall revenue closed
- Flexible schedule, remote position
- Fun, energetic, and supportive team
- Twice annual on-site team retreats in New York City or another interesting location
- Education Management
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
To apply: Please apply on LinkedIn using this link.
About the Role
This entry level, full-time role, which reports to the NYC Account Manager, is perfect for someone comfortable working hand-in-hand with our school leaders and teachers based in the New York City Department of Education.
If you enjoy troubleshooting, relationship development, and creative problem-solving, you will excel in this role.
- School onboarding:
- Handle the technical aspect of our onboarding process with Clever (middleware) and the NYC DOE systems
- Track progress of school onboarding with our internal tracker
- Coordinate trainings for schools via email, phone call and track training operations
- Provide virtual or in-person training to NYC DOE schools across the five boroughs
- Answer users’ technical and strategic product questions
- Survey users to understand satisfaction with our product and services
We’d like you to have …
- Former K–12 experience (2 years+)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and an eye for detail
To apply click here.