Kinvolved is the leading services and software organization galvanizing students, parents, teachers, leaders, and community members around a shared goal: To increase student achievement by eradicating chronic absenteeism.
We take a holistic approach to fighting chronic absenteeism, combining technology tools and human interventions to change the deeply ingrained behaviors and external factors affecting student attendance. By joining our team, you will improve the lives of our stakeholders nationwide.
About the Internship
This part-time, paid or for-academic-credit, internship program will allow you to be embedded in a growing education technology company seeking to make an impact on the lives of students by ensuring they are in school everyday. This internship is a good fit for you if you:
- Would like to lend your experience toward social good,
- Love analysis, developing business relationships, and helping students
- Are flexible, willing to stretch outside your comfort zone, and to wear many hats
At Kinvolved, you’ll report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the CEO and VP of District Partnerships on business development projects
- Collaborating with the CFO and Board leadership on accounting and financial modeling
- Participating in establishing business development, sales, and impact strategy
As part of your internship you’ll grow and be challenged, work on complex problems, and receive training in the industry. Candidates who are selected and are a strong fit will be considered for potential future, full time roles.
- Current graduate MBA student (or other degree w/financial modeling experience) with authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to understand and model business scenarios and financial forecasts
- Strong project management skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience in K–12 education or education technology
- An understanding of the K-12/chronic absenteeism policy landscape
- Applications are due by Oct. 31, 2018.
- Interviews will be conducted between now and then and offers extended on a rolling basis.
- The program has flexible start dates, as early as mid-November or late as early January 2019.
- Applicants based outside of NYC will be given equal consideration.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter, both as attachments, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include APPLICATION: GRADUATE STUDENT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP in the subject line.